Business IT Architecture Fundamentals (BITAF), an Iasa foundation-level course, is one of the most popular, heavily-subscribed courses. The materials covered are based on Iasa’s IT Architecture Body of Knowledge (ITABoK) The ITABok is a public archive of IT Architecture best practices, skills and knowledge developed from the experience of individual and corporate members of Iasa, the world’s largest association of IT Architecture professionals.
In a nutshell, BITAF is akin to Enterprise Architecture for Dummies. Combining the best practices of Architecting Business with IT and Business Requirement Architecture, this course demonstrates the key benefits and strategic values of integrating IT Architecture into a business.
You will be armed with ready answers to such questions: Why do we do the things we do in Business Architecture? What are the benefits? How can IT minimise costs and maximise profits? How to communicate the right business requirements to engage the stakeholders?
In 3 days, you will get well-acquainted with all the important concepts of Business IT integration. Learn their jargon, then fit in and work effectively with Business and IT teams.
Become savvy in Enterprise Architecture with the skill sets to:
- Perform IT Architecture Return on Investment (ITA-ROI) modelling on IT initiatives, which would allow stakeholders to identify, justify and convey positive technology values to the business.
- Maximise business values and profits and productivity with IT, and deliver strategic values to both business operations and stakeholders.
- Understand IT Architecture management structure and how it can be transformed into value-centric initiatives.
- Identify Business IT Architecture best practices that can be effectively adopted into current business practices.
- Match business needs and wants accurately using Business Requirement Architecture, a proven technique for both business and IT teams.
- Produce accurate Business Requirement artefacts for serving as a common communication platform for IT initiatives targeting multiple stakeholders from both business and IT teams.
This course requires no prior knowledge of Enterprise Architecture, so enrol in Business IT Architecture Fundamentals (BITAF) to satisfy your curiosity about Enterprise Architecture or to kick start a career in this field!
More specifically, BITAF is for those who are stakeholders in IT projects/initiatives from both IT and business sides.
- All technology project stakeholders (IT and Business teams)
- Transformation Office team members
- IT Consultants, Business Consultants
- Those involved in preparing tenders (RFP, RFQ, and RFI)
- Project Management Office team members
- Business/Information/Infrastructure/Software/Solution Architects
- Business Analysts, System Analysts and Consultants
- Business and IT Architecture Landscape
- Defining an IT Architect’s Journey
- Understanding Business and IT Challenges
- Different IT Architecture Perspectives and their Implications
- The Business Values of IT Architecture Return on Investment (ROI)
- Strategic IT Architecture Management
- Business Technology Strategy Foundational Skills
- IT Environment and Quality Attributes Foundational Skills
- Human Dynamics Foundational Skills
- Design Foundational Skills
- IT Architecture Engagement Strategy
- IT Architecture Roles and their Specialisation
- The Driving Force for Business Architecture Initiative
- The Five Components of Business Architecture
- Value Stream Integration with Business Architecture
- The New Enterprise Paradigm
- Business Requirement Architecture (BRA) Unveiled
- Key Benefits of BRA
- Use Case Scenarios in BRA
- Guidelines in Architecting Business Requirement
- Walk-through of Business Requirement Architecture
- Template Packages in Use Case Requirement Modeling
- Sections of Complete Use Case Requirement Documentation
- The Building Blocks of Complete Use Case Scenarios
- Identifying and Avoiding Mistakes in Modeling Use Case
- Business Requirement Patterns – Best Practices
- IT Governance in a Nutshell
- Wrap Up and Next Step
2-4 September 2019
Certificate of Fundamental Understanding in Aligning IT with Business
S$2,550 (before GST and Government Funding) + S$250 Exam Fee
This courses is endorsed under CITREP+
Up to *90% funding support available for Singapore citizens and Permanent Residents.
Contact us to find out more. *Terms and conditions apply.