A foreigner is required to apply for a Student’s Pass with the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) if he/she wishes to pursue full-time studies in Singapore in a EduTrusted Private Education Institute (PEI) that is registered with the Committee for Private Education (CPE).
The following procedures are to be adhered to when applying for a programme with Informatics Academy and a Student Pass application with ICA. This would help to ensure that your application is processed without delay.
Pre-Admission Counseling & Programme Application
Applicants will be briefed on:
- Course / Campus Information and Student Matters
- Fees Payable and Payment Methods
- Committee for Private Education (CPE)
- Fee Protection Scheme and Student Contract
- Medical Insurance and Declaration
- Policy and Procedure of Withdrawal / Refund / Transfer
- Security Bond and Bankers Guarantee (BG) – Only applies to International Students
Please refer to the Pre-Admission Counselling Form and ensure that you have been briefed
All applicants are to complete the Programme Application Form and submit together with the relevant supporting documents for Student Pass application at least 2 months before the commencement dates
All completed applications can be submitted either via post or in person to:
Student Recruitment Department
100 Victoria Street, #13-01 / 02
National Library Building
or emailed to:
The above process may also be done via Informatics Academy Authorised Agents.
*We regret that incomplete applications will not be processed.
Please send your Application Fees of SGD321 (non-refundable and non-transferable).
Please refer to Mode of Payment for instructions on how you can make this payment
Evaluation of Application and Application Acceptance
Informatics Academy will process and evaluate student’s programme application:
- Certificate / Diploma/ Advanced Diploma Programmes: 3 to 7 working days (Depending on any additional verification process required for the qualifications received)
- Degree Programmes: 7 to 14 working days (Depending on the respective university’s evaluation process)
Upon successful evaluation of programme application, students will receive:
- A Letter of Offer to state their eligibility for the programme, an Acceptance Letter for the programme they are eligible for and a Letter of Payment
- Applicants are required to sign the Letter of Acceptance and return it to the Pre-Enrolment Office to process their enrolment.
Students are also required to read, understand and sign the Advisory Note and PEI-Student Contract before making any programme fee payment.
Student's Pass Application
New Student Pass applications are to be submitted at least 2 months and not more than 6 months from the course commencement date.
Applicants are advised to enter Singapore to complete the formalities for the issuance of a Student’s Pass only after their applications have been approved. They will be issued with Student’s Passes within one month from the course commencement date.
Details on the Student’s Pass application is available via the ICA website: Click Here
Applicants are required to prepare the documents as per the Document Checklist for Student Pass application
* Note: Official/Notarised translation of the documents is required if they are not in the English language
New applications will be submitted via the Student’s Pass OnLine Application & Registration+ (SOLAR+) system.
ICA may request for additional documents or information. Students will be informed to produce additional documents if queries from ICA are received.
Results of Student's Pass Application
*Note: Granting of Student‘s Passes is subject to ICA‘s approval.
When the application for a Student’s Pass is approved, an In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter will be issued for the applicant to complete the formalities and collect the Student’s Pass card at ICA. The Security Deposit if required, would be indicated in the IPA letter to the applicant.
The amount of Security Deposit (if required) will be furnished in the form of a Banker’s Guarantee as listed in the table below:
|Country||Rate per Person|
|(i)||Bangladesh, Myanmar, People’s Republic of China & India||$5,000/=|
|(ii)||Indonesia, Philippines & Thailand||$1,000/=|
The Security Deposit is refundable provided the student has not breached any of the conditions stated in the Security Bond executed by the student and his/her departure from Singapore is confirmed by ICA. Generally, it takes about 6 weeks to process the refund of the Security Deposit upon the cancellation or expiry, of the Student’s Pass.
Completion of Formalities and Collection of Student's pass
Students may request for Airport pickup or Accommodation arrangement at least 5 days prior to arrival.
Click HERE to download Arrival Services & Accommodation Request Form
Upon arrival, our Student Services team for assistance on Medical Checkup and other Student Support Services
Step 6 – Fees Payment
You may refer to the Letter of Payment or Course Fees Sheet for more details of the fees required for your studies.
The Student Contract and Advisory Note must be signed before any form of payment is made (except for Non-Refundable Application Fee)
- Signed Advisory Note / Student Contract
- Certificate of Insurance for Fee Protection Scheme
- Medical Insurance Coverage
Mode of Payment
Students may make their payments through the following modes of payment:
All fees paid must be made in Singapore Dollars (S$)
- Cheques (Cheques must be crossed and made payable to ‘Informatics Academy Pte Ltd)
- Bank Drafts
- Union Pay
- Credit Cards (Visa, Mastercard or Diners)
- Internet Banking
- Telegraphic Transfers (TT)
For Internet Banking or Telegraphic Transfers (TT):
|Account Name||INFORMATICS ACADEMY PTE LTD
|Name of Bank||DBS Bank Ltd|
|Account Type||DBS Current Account|
|Address of Bank||12 Marina Boulevard, Marina Bay Financial Centre Tower 3
|Reference No||Applicant NRIC or Student ID (12 digits)|
Please refer to the Private Education Act page to view our Transfer/Withdrawal or Refund Policy & Procedure.